The Gilda stories / Jewelle Gomez ; afterword by Alexis Pauline Gumbs.
- 1 of 1 copy available at BC Interlibrary Connect. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Terrace Public Library.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
|Terrace Public Library||GOM (Text)||35151001091925||Adult Fiction||Volume hold||Reshelving||-|
- ISBN: 9780872866744 (paperback)
- Physical Description: 259 pages ; 22 cm
- Edition: Expanded 25th anniversary edition.
- Publisher: San Francisco : City Lights Books, 2016.
- Copyright: ©2016.
"This remarkable novel begins in 1850s Louisiana, where Gilda escapes slavery and learns about freedom while working in a brothel. After being initiated into eternal life as one who "shares the blood" by two women there, Gilda spends the next 200 years searching for a place to call home. An instant lesbian classic when it was first published in 1991, The Gilda Stories has endured as an auspiciously prescient book in its explorations of blackness, radical ecology, redefinitions of family, and yes, the erotic potential of the vampire story."-- Publisher.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Lesbian vampires > Fiction.
African Americans > Fiction.