Shuggie Bain : a novel / by Douglas Stuart.
- 4 of 15 copies available at BC Interlibrary Connect. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Terrace Public Library.
5 current holds with 15 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
|Terrace Public Library||STU (Text)||35151001100825||Adult Fiction||Volume hold||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780802148049
- Physical Description: 430 pages ; 24 cm
- Edition: First Grove Atlantic hardcover edition.
- Publisher: New York : Grove Press, 2020.
- Copyright: ©2020.
A heartbreaking story of addiction, sexuality, and love, this is the unforgettable story of young Hugh "Shuggie" Bain, a sweet and lonely boy who spends his 1980s childhood in run-down public housing in Glasgow, Scotland. Thatcher's policies have put husbands and sons out of work, and the city's notorious drugs epidemic is waiting in the wings.
Booker Prize 2020 shortlist
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Boys > Scotland > Glasgow > Fiction.
Working class families > Scotland > Glasgow > Fiction.
Mothers and sons > Fiction.
Women alcoholics > Fiction.
Glasgow (Scotland) > Fiction.