When we were young & brave : a novel / Hazel Gaynor.
- 3 of 3 copies available at BC Interlibrary Connect. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Terrace Public Library.
0 current holds with 3 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
|Terrace Public Library||GAY (Text)||35151001115146||Adult Fiction||Volume hold||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780062995261 (paperback)
- Physical Description: 422, 12 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm
- Edition: First edition.
- Publisher: New York, New York : William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollinsPublishers, 
- Copyright: ©2020.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references.
Ten-year-old Nancy Plummer has always felt safe at Chefoo School, protected by her British status. But when Japan declares war on Britain and America, Japanese forces take control of the school and the security and comforts Nancy and her friends are used to are replaced by privation, uncertainty and fear. Now the enemy, and separated from their parents, the children look to their teachers - to Miss Kent and her new Girl Guide patrol especially - to provide a sense of unity and safety.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||World War, 1939-1945 > China > Fiction.
World War, 1939-1945 > Prisoners and prisons > Fiction.
British > China > Fiction.
Teacher-student relationships > Fiction.
China > History > 1937-1945 > Fiction.